Adapted from Roti Naik Puan Asmahan Hanim
(Sumber : MamaFami's Spice and Splendour)
1 cup lukewarm water
1 egg yolk (grade A)
1 teaspoon vanilla
a few drops of yellow food coloring
500g flour (I added more, I think about 100g more or less)
3g instant dried yeast
1 egg + a bit of fresh milk (for egg wash the buns)
a bit of butter for glazing
Bread Maker method :
1. Pour water, egg, sugar, shortening, vanilla and yellow food coloring into the bread maker pan. Top it with flour and yeast.
2. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
3. Once the dough is just combined, add in margarine. Leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
4. Divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Form each into a ball and arrange on a baking tray.
5. Cover the buns and let it rise until double in size (it takes another 30-40 min) Brush the buns with some egg wash.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of butter. Place on a wire rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.
saya terpaksa meletak inti kelapa untuk menarik minat anak2 saya makan.. hihihi...