Spicy paste (grind to a fine paste):
- 200g onion
- 100g gelangal
- 50g fresh turmeric
- 50g belachan
- 2 lemon grass
- 5 candle nuts@buah keras
- 30 stalks of dried chillies
- 60g dried shrimps
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 1/2 chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 10 medium prawns
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 250ml water
- 6 pcs tamarind apple slices (asam keping)
- 3 stalks of ginger bud
- Salt and sugar to taste
- saya tambah tauhu pok..
- Cucumber, deseeded and sliced thinly
- Red chillies
- Spring onion.. lupa pulak.. n saya letak taugeh
- Boiled eggs
- Heat oil and sautee spicy paste until fragrant and oil separates.
- Add in chicken and prawns, cook.
- Add in coconut milk and a little water.
- Add in ginger bud.
- Throw in salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve with yellow noodles or rice vermicilli and garnish accordingly