Mango Sticky Rice Pudding
Resepi dari dapur Ika .. rasanya ramai yang dah ambil bahagian masak dessert ni.. Ika punya pasal la ni..hihihi.. tq ika..berjaya mengoda akk buat semua ni.. akk CP jer... Tq again my dear..
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- SERVES 3-4
- 1 cup Thai Sweet Rice (also called 'sticky rice', available at Asian food stores)
- 1-2 ripe mangos, cut into bite-size pieces (for more on mangos, see below)
- 4-5 Tbsp. palm sugar OR brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 can good-quality (thick) coconut milk
- water (for boiling or steaming the rice)
Preparation:Soak the rice in 1 cup water for 20-30 minutes, OR up to 4 hours.
- Do not drain the rice. Simply add 3/4 cup (more) water, plus 1/4 can coconut milk, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1 Tbsp. brown sugar. Stir this into the rice.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then partially cover with a lid (leaving some room for steam to escape). Reduce heat to medium-low (#2.5 on the dial).
- Simmer in this way for 20 minutes, or until the coconut-water has been absorbed by the rice. Turn off the heat, but leave the pot on the burner with the lid on tight. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. (For step-by-step instructions (with pictures) on how to do this, see my: How to Cook Sticky Rice.
- To make the sauce, warm (do not boil) the rest of the can of coconut milk over medium-low heat (5 minutes). Add 3 Tbsp. sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Taste-test the sauce for sweetness, adding more sugar if desired. (note that it will taste less sweet when added to the rice).
- Add scoops of rice (portion out 1 scoop per person) directly to the sauce pot and stir over low heat, gently breaking apart large lumps, but leaving smaller lumps/chunks). Now add the mango pieces and gently stir until everything is warmed through. Portion out into serving bowls, making sure everyone has equal amounts of rice, mango, and plenty of sauce. Enjoy!
betul tu Kak Dzana, Best laa Ika.. memang selalu tengok dapur dia ni and tak pernah menghampakan.
Post a Comment