Assalamualaikum dan selamat sejahtera
BASIC BUTTERMILK SCONES
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Extra buttermilk, for brushing
- Raspberry jam and whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Position oven rack in the top half of oven.
Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Make a well in centre of mixture. Add buttermilk. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until a sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth.
Using a lightly floured rolling pin, gently roll dough out until 2cm thick. Using a 6cm round cutter, cut out scones. Press leftover dough together. Repeat to make 12 scones.
Place scones, just touching, on prepared tray. Brush with buttermilk. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and hollow when tapped on top. Serve with jam and cream.
Salam kak zana.. dh lama tak buat scones.. suka makan masa panas2, letak butter byk2 biar cair kt atas scones..
hai.. kak sedapnya.. saya sakinah saja buat blogwalking. sudi singgah blog saya...
Post a Comment